and the applications:
- Finding Optimism (http://www.findingoptimism.com)
- Optimism Online (https://www.optimismonline.com)
- Optimism Software (Mac OS X and Windows)
- Optimism Online
- Optimism Clinician Dashboard
- Optimism for iPhone
- Optimism for iPad
- Simply Stated
- We value your privacy. We will never give, lease, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to a third party without your express permission. Any information that you give to Optimism Apps Pty Ltd will be held with the utmost care, and will not be used in ways for which you have not consented.
- Records entered by users of the Online, Clinician Dashboard, iPhone and iPad apps are held in a secure PostgreSQL database on a Virtual Private Server (VPS). Data recorded to a local database in the Mac and Windows software can be uploaded to the same PostgreSQL database, for the purpose of synchronizing or backup.
Optimism Apps Pty Ltd undertakes to never give, lease, sell or otherwise disclose personally identifiable data held in the database to a third party without a user's express permission.
Optimism Apps Pty Ltd is committed to contributing to mental health research. One of the ways that it can do this is to provide non-identifiable data from the PostgreSQL database for research studies. These studies may include correlation analysis by Optimism Apps, and university or industry studies. Any Notes or personally identifiable data is not included in provided research data. Information collected for research purposes is completely anonymous.
The collection of additional information about how the applications are used is very helpful for the purposes of research and future application development. Within the Optimism web, Windows and Mac applications there is an opportunity for users to provide this additional information, however there is no requirement to do so, and no advantage or disadvantage in providing or not providing it. Any additional information is stored in the PostgreSQL database, and can be removed at any time from within the same application from which it was added. Information collected from the additional fields will only be used with complete anonymity.
- Optimism Apps Pty Ltd sends a periodic email newsletter, for the purpose of updating readers of developments with its applications.
The newsletter circulation list is managed by a third party provider, MailChimp. MailChimp adheres to strict Anti-spam and Privacy policies. The circulation list does not exist in any other form online.
There are 3 ways in which a person can be added to the circulation list:
There is an opportunity to be removed from the list in every email newsletter. When a reader "unsubscribes", their details are automatically removed from the active newsletter list.
- By opting-in at the time of registering for the Optimism Web App or iPhone app, or when downloading the Windows or Mac software
- By completing the newsletter subscription form on one of the above websites
- Otherwise requesting that they be added to the circulation list.
- Product Subscriptions
- Subscription payments for the Optimism Clinician Dashboard App are processed by PayPal, which uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure safe transactions. For security and privacy information visit PayPal's Security Center.
PayPal provides Optimism Apps Pty Ltd with details of each purchase. These include name and email address, but not financial details such as credit card number. Personal information is retained by Optimism Apps Pty Ltd for the purpose of future contact and support.
- Correspondence by Email and Contact Form
- In most cases we keep a record of correspondence received by email and from the website contact forms. This correspondence may include personal information such as names and email addresses. It is treated as confidential and not provided to third parties without consent.
Testimonials may be posted on the above websites, from comments received by email or contact form. We do not publish surnames or other identifiable personal information without the writer's consent.
- Blog Subscribers
- Visitors to the Finding Optimism website can subscribe to blog posts by RSS and Atom feeds, or by email. In all cases the distribution list is managed by Feedburner, a website owned by Google, Inc. Email addresses entered to subscribe to the blog are not received by Optimism Apps Pty Ltd. For further information visit Google's Privacy Center.
- Notification of Changes
- Additional Questions
This statement was last updated on 24 August 2012.